Whether by video or in-person: Interviews are crucial dates when it comes to changing jobs at SAP. Decisive for whom actually? “Especially for the candidates,” says mental trainer Dr. Dieter Bähr and advises a change of perspective.
The SAP labor market has long since turned. As a result of the change from the employer to the employee market, the war for talents, companies are trying to find well-qualified SAP specialists and have to apply to you.
Imagine: You are extremely satisfied with yourself and your professional qualifications. You go to an interview to find out if the company is a good fit for you. You want to be addressed and won over on a factual, personal and emotional level.
How do you go about it? What questions do you have for the company?
Such a change of perspective has several advantages:
- You concentrate on what you can do and who you are.
- The question is dealt with in depth: “What do I expect from the company?”
- An open interview will take place.
Questions you could ask the company :
For example, for motivation
- Which of my qualifications are of particular importance to you?
- Am I replacing someone? If so, what was he particularly good at? What should I be able to do better?
- What is particularly important at this point?
- Why did you just invite me?
For example, for qualification
- In which points does the position fit my qualifications? In which not?
- What are you doing to improve the qualifications of your employees?
- In which areas is your company of top quality? In which ones not yet?
For example, on the cultural fit
Every company has its own culture. How do you get dressed? How long do you work? How do you behave towards superiors? How close is the contact between employees? How do you deal with mistakes?
- What are the specific characteristics of your corporate culture?
- Can you name three things that you should definitely do in your company and three things you should definitely not do?
- How would you describe your company’s error culture?
- What are the specifics of the team I will be part of?
Of course, you have a double advantage if you are recommended by duerenhoff. You can discuss your questions in advance with the duerenhoff personnel consultants. Then you will receive, among other things, an assessment of how the company and those responsible could answer your questions. In the interview itself, you are then even better prepared and able to follow up on answers at important points. So that you can get a better idea of what to expect in this next SAP position.